09 January 2008

We're smarter than THAT! Aren't we?


Okay, Hillary took New Hampshire. Nice job, Hill.
It wasn't a blowout over Barack, but at this level of a campaign, and in a contest of this magnitude, a win is a win and every vote pushes you closer to your party's nomination for President.
Today, I couldn't help but hear all of the laughable pundits claiming that Hillary's shaky voiced emotional comments from this past weekend were the reason she scored so well in Tuesday's primary. All of these expert, genius windbags were saying that voters saw Hillary's emotional side as a winning trait and suddenly the so-called Ice Queen had thawed. I couldn't help but say to myself, "Good Lord! Please let us [as American voters] be smarter than that!"
Now, granted, George Bush won the last election and he is quite possibly the worst President in the history of the world - so we Americans HAVE done some stupid stuff. But, voting for a person because SHE ALMOST CRIED!!! Please God let us be smarter than that!
For the record - I don't think of Hillary as an Ice Queen. Personally, I think Hillary's broken voice spoke her true and honest feelings, but the looks and the sounds were as staged as a Broadway musical and about as real as a seven dollar bill. Hillary and her handlers went fishing - they tossed a line to the media and the weaker minded voters and tried to see who they could catch. In my heart, I'd like to think she didn't really catch many people. I'd like to think that the people of New Hampshire voted on real issues and real concerns like the people of Iowa did when they voted for my man Barack.
I can only hope and pray that American voters can't be bought or swayed by some well acted blinking and some misty eyes. If that is all it takes, then maybe I should be running for President - as bad as George Bush has ruined our country, I find myself trembling with emotion damn near every day.
TTBM

7 comments:

B.Good said...

"I find myself trembling with emotion damn near every day"

Tell me about it! LOL But that definitely wouldn't persuade me to vote one way or the other. Yeah, the state of the society is something to tear up and get shaky voiced about; but the point is, what are you gonna DO about it??

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Oh it's just getting good. I love this stuff--I launched a new blog dedicated to my political spin--because this is the season! Lovebabz LoveTHINK www.lovebabz08.wordpress.com I think this is the most exciting election in history. It has all the making of a Lifetime moveie event--drama, money, power, white women crying! I love it! I can't even speak GWB name...aaargh!

Gunfighter said...

Agreed. H. Clinton was so full of sh... crap, it wasn't even close to funny.

The real story in New Hampshire is that Clinton only won by two percentage points. Sure, a win is a win, but if anyone thinks that her campaign isn't in big trouble, they aren't paying close enough attention.

kru said...

TTBM - I don't know what you do for a living, but if you ever get into politics and decide to run for office, you definitely will have my vote. I came across your blog accidentally and once I started reading it I became hooked. Thanks.

The Thinking Black Man said...

Hey B.GOOD, thank you for the comment. It's sad that even most votes really don't do anything to make things better. We're stuck with a lame duck in the White House and an inept Congress on the Hill. Everybody that could do something could seemingly care less about you, me and the real people. Sad...

Hey LOVEBABZ, what's up? I'm be checkin' out the new blog!!!

GUNFIGHTER - Whats up brother? I know you've been hearing about the contraversy with the exit polls in New Hampshire not balancing with the poll results. It seems as though that kind of difference is unprecidented. Sounds fishy...

Hey KRU - welocme to my little corner of the world! Thanks for the postive LUV! Hmmm, me in politics? Now THAT would be interesting!!!! Hmmm...

-Q. said...

I really think people (per the actions that are taken- just tally the votes) Dont vote very maturely. I have a big issue with men and women of all ages voting very immaturely. People are representing people whole-heartedly that dont represent them. Thats a whole other story but. Politicians will play on different dumb-ass nic nacs and idiocracy's until the people inform themselves and find out the platforms these canidates stand for. AND stand on the damn platform with them!!! People look at race, sex and so many other aspects other than the ones that count when the elected official reaches office. I wouldnt have felt in good hands with Big Al Sharpton in office, u feel me- just not the guy for the job. I'm afraid young people still and the older gen are starting to fall into this popularity contest into what like lovebabz hit right on the head as the most important election probably in our worlds history.. GREAT post- good to see you back brotha -Q.

Biggie-Z said...

Hey - stumbled across your blog and I think it's great! Adding you to my blogroll and I hope you keep writing.

This post reminded me of that time back when Bush I (I'm dating myself now) picked Quayle as his running mate because ...
...
"He will appeal to women voters."

In other words, chicks dig him because he's good looking.

Wha????

LawyerChick